Monday, June 14, 2010

Mathematics

Here is an interesting real life story I came across. No fiction guys.

Two girls met at work and after some time they get to know each other. And they started to share their funny memories from their childhood days. And in one of these days they came across this big word "Mathematics", One said "You know, it's very funny to think how we used to copy in school exams, especially Math. I used to help my friend a lot on that". Another said, "Oh yeah, me too. It was so much fun at college. Passing papers, tricking the examiners, kind of nostalgic to think about it now". One continued, "There is one particular friend of mine, who's so terrible in math and she will go nuts whenever we have a math test". Another was so quick to reply, "Hey, that happened with my friend too, poor girl she used to be so silent only in Math classes otherwise very mischievous".

One stated further, "In fact there was one time, she copied from me in our eleventh grade exam and the funny thing is that she scored better than me. Hilarious. I still used to make a prank on her whenever I get to talk with her", she giggled and thought about the school days for a moment. While the second girl smiled and said, 'That's interesting. Thank god, nothing that sort happened with us. But I used to help her a lot both in classes and in the class tests'.

Suddenly some weird thought appeared and the first one said to the other, 'Please, don't tell me we are talking about the same person'. The second person was quick to reply, 'Nope, that's not possible. my friend is in US right now'. Before she ended the statement, the first got so excited, 'Hey, my friend is in US too' Then the other said, 'This is crazy, so are you going to tell me that your friend's name is Akila?'. The first one almost laughed out, " Yes, It is indeed!" And it was 'me', who played that best actor role in their leisure time. When I heard this from both of them during my visit to my native few months back, I chuckled and looked up the sky to the 'Good Guy' who directed this wonderful episode with my friends. What a way to unite my two friends! There I saw a twinkle which meant a big smile to me.

Brought a smile guys? I know, it's always so much fun to pull some one's legs. Not enough? Well, let me try one more! No fiction! Truly My Story!!! Keep reading......

When I was in tenth grade, "as planned" I sat beside my friend for a Math test. My friend's so good in Math, she could work on it so quick and will finish off just fine. It's always me who felt very difficult to cope up with her to quickly copy that before she switches to the next page. There was one particular problem she was working and wanted to push off real quick to submit the paper on time. And in one particular step she wrote 5 x 5 = 15. I saw that and signaled her to turn towards me to ask her to correct that step. She was so sweet, even in her busy calculation she managed to turn towards me. But by that time there was this "Great Mathematical Brain" of mine which from no where appeared so suddenly and all I thought was I have to be wrong while she should be right always! So I signaled nothing and asked her to continue working on her paper. That's it. We were caught when our Math Mam corrected our paper. And I admitted that I was the culprit. I should have told our Mam that I was right for the first time while my friend was wrong for the first time ;-)

Seriously, even the word "Mathematics" terrifies me. It's always been my demon in life. I truly belong to the "I hate Math club". I know what you all must be thinking by now, "So, this is how you passed all your exams?" Come on guys, this is insulting. Not always you know. You don't trust me? Give me a simple addition and I am sure I will leave my fingers to work on it like a kid, thrice the time it takes for you!

Jokes apart, those of you who are so good at it, I salute you, I envy you and I really want that ability from you. You guys simply rock. Hey Dhivya, Gayathri and Kaleesh, it was all fun, thank you and I love you all so much. I will make sure my kid sits beside your kids for the math test in the future too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment