Thursday, March 3, 2011

The iPad 2

Yesterday was a day I realized myself being one of the craziest persons following a technology news very eagerly. The more I hear about Steve Jobs, more respect and love goes out to him. I would never forget this day as it was first of its kind for me to follow a gadget release event. The last time when the first generation iPad released, there were several breaking news showing up on television with pictures of him and his first generation iPad but then I had no idea who this person was. Thank God, I know him now.

As expected he was present for this event and he seemed to be in better health and I am so glad. After receiving huge applause and standing ovation for his presence, his first words were this, "We've been working on this product for awhile, and I didn't want to miss it." And then he introduced his iPad 2.

The most anticipated iPad 2 is thinner, lighter, has front and back cameras, higher processor, same 10 hour battery and the best part is it's going to be the same price as like the iPad first generation and will be available only from March 11th. Hmm...One more week to go...

I liked Steve Jobs ending note for this event:

"This is worth repeating. It's in Apple's DNA that technology is not enough. It's tech married with the liberal arts and the humanities. Nowhere is that more true than in the post-PC products. Our competitors are looking at this like it's the next PC market. That is not the right approach to this. These are pos-PC devices that need to be easier to use than a PC, more intuitive. The hardware and software need to intertwine more than they do on a PC. We think we're on the right path with this."

No comments:

Post a Comment